***Access to Care is working with the Cook County Department of Public Health to help all residents get access to a COVID-19 vaccination. Our staff is setting up vaccine appointments for residents that are vulnerable to the spread of COVID-19. You must live in suburban Cook County. If you would like Access to Care make an appointment for you, call us at 708-531-0680. We are available from 9am to 5pm, Monday – Friday and speak Spanish. We can NOT guarantee you an appointment, but our small staff will try!***
ATC partners with the Cook County Department of Public Health to share trusted information & to keep our communities safe and healthy
On vaccine.cookcountyil.gov site, you can sign up for COVID-19 updates and get information on how to schedule an appointment. Providing all the information requested will ensure that you are notified properly as the program expands.
Sign up to receive:
- Updates on the Vaccine and the Community Vaccination Program
- Notification for when vaccine administration is open to your phase
- Information on scheduling a vaccine appointment through Cook County Health
- Information on vaccine distribution locations throughout Cook County
CCDPH also has a Vaccine Sign-Up Hotline: 833-308-1988 that is available Monday through Friday, 7am to 7pm.
For those living outside of the CCDPH service area, all Illinois residents can go to the State of Illinois COVID-19 site coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/vaccination-location. It directs Illinois residents to the appointment booking websites of many health departments and pharmacy partners.
When we all wear masks, we take care of each other and everyone is protected. #MASKUP
Wear your Mask Correctly
- Wash your hands before putting on your mask
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
Wear a Mask to Prevent Getting and Spreading COVID-19
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Wear a mask in public and around people who don’t live in your household, especially when it’s difficult to stay 6 feet apart
- Wear a mask correctly for maximum protection
- Don’t put the mask around your neck or up on your forehead
- Don’t touch the mask. If you do, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer
Take Off Your Mask Carefully When You’re Home
- Untie the strings behind your head or stretch the ear loops
- Handle only by the ear loops or ties
- Fold outside corners together and put the mask aside for washing
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth when removing a mask and wash your hands immediately afterwards
Contact tracing is a proven health practice that health departments use to look at disease outbreaks. Contact tracing is a very important tool in the fight against COVID-19. It is most effective when used in combination with wearing a mask, physical distancing, and washing your hands.
If you tested positive for COVID-19 or were in close contact with someone who tested positive, a worker from the CCDPH may call you. The number they will call from is “IL COVID HELP” or 312-777-1999. They can offer support and answer questions. Please answer the call to help slow the spread of COVID-19!
Assistance to Communities
We recently asked members to tell us how COVID-19 had affected them and their families. We wanted to share resources specific to the needs identified:
Jobs and Unemployment
- Illinois Department of Employment Security (unemployment)
- Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership (find jobs; learn new skills)
- Cook County Government (find jobs)
Rent or mortgage; utility bills and other bills
- Housing Forward or call 708-338-1724
- State of IL Utility Bill Help or 217-785-2533
- As an ATC member, you can receive a 90-day medication supply for a 30-day cost, and help with medication costs. Call or email the Resource Desk for more information
Food and household items
- Greater Chicago Food Depository or call 773-247-3663
- ABE – State of Illinois site that helps with food and other needs
- Chicago Furniture Bank – helps with furniture and home furnishings
Stress and worry
- As an ATC member, you can receive counseling sessions (up to 8 sessions) for a $5 co-pay. Call or email the Resource Desk for more information.
Still looking for more help? We encourage to call your local township or city offices. They may have services for their residents.
Or contact our Resource Desk at 708-531-0680 or email@example.com.